It was a fantastic workout. I did it in the basement on the old rowing machine from work. I brought it home to fix it on Friday. A couple of new screws, and resetting the rower type in the PM5 was all that was required to have it working like new.
- 4 x 20′ / 3′
- Cat VI (pace: 2:06-2:11, rate: 18)
My HR hardly every broke 140 and every stroke felt effortless. I am really happy with how my base endurance seems to be improving with Roylerow training plan. I am looking forward to the next round of tests (20′ and 75′) that are coming up in a couple weeks.
Tomorrow, I head off to San Francisco. I’m there on Monday and Tuesday, and then I fly to Taiwan for meetings on Thursday and Friday. I will get back on Saturday morning. Depending on how the day goes tomorrow, I might try to get a workout done in the evening. If I do, it will be a 4×12’/1’30” at r22 and 2:01 pace.
On a side note, I had another PM related problem in today’s workout. It dropped the connection to my phone 70′ minutes into an 80 minute workout and started to throw error messages. I’ve seen this before when the batteries get low, and swapping them after I finished seems to have fixed the problem. It is crazy that the mechanics of the rowing machine are so robust that a machine that is probably 20 years old can be restored to working order with two screws and windex, but the electronics are so half baked that they can’t even let you know when the batteries are running low. I hope that they can make improvements in the PM over time, because I think it is holding them back in the broader fitness market.