Given my work and travel schedule, I have to be realistic about my training objectives. I don’t think it is practical for me to do anything to fancy or time consuming. What I need is a simple plan that puts me in the best position to row up to my capabilities.
So, what are my events?
- Quinsigamond Snake Regatta, October 13. This is a tune up event. No taper.
- One of these two.
- Head of the Charles (if I get a doubles draw), October 20
- Merrimack Chase , November 3
The basic plan is 6 sessions per week, alternating high and low intensity. Since it is a relatively short plan (~60 days), I will limit the session types so I can get a better idea of progress and zero in on achievable paces.
- 3 Low Intensity sessions, HR range 137-155
- 1 technique focused session (like drills on the fives)
- 1 long and slow at least 90 minutes
- 1 ~60 minutes upper end aerobic
- 1 High intensity Long Interval Session at about head race pace
- 4 x 2K / 4′
- 5 x 1500 / 4′
- 1 High Intensity short interval/short rest session at about head race pace
- 15 x 3’/1′
- 20 x 2’/1′
- 1 Hard Distance Session
- ~6K on water
- ~10K on erg
The day by day details are shown on this google sheet