Weather: Cloudy, mid 60s, light wind, 2-5mph from the south. There were some stronger gusts towards the end of the workout. This was a headwind going up river.
|M1||3 x 20′ / 5′||7′ @ 5KP, 13′ @ MP||92.5%||(172)|
- Target power:
- 5kp: 197-210W
- mp: 158-171
- 20′ intervals are 6 minutes too long for the river, so I planned to just turn where required. I didn’t add any additional time to the intervals since my HR really doesn’t go down much in the turn
I felt a bit tired when I got up. This was the fourth session in a row, although one day was only 40 minutes.
I decided to stick with the plan and just ease up if necessary. It ended up not being necessary.
Workout Summary - media/20170616-145439-Greg Smith 20170616 0629amo.csv --|Total|-Total-|--Avg--|-Avg-|Avg-|-Avg-|-Max-|-Avg --|Dist-|-Time--|-Pace--|-Pwr-|SPM-|-HR--|-HR--|-DPS --|14395|77:26.0|02:41.4|165.2|21.4|157.9|173.0|08.7 W-|12031|57:43.0|02:24.0|182.6|21.6|162.5|173.0|09.7 R-|02372|19:42.0|04:09.3|094.7|19.8|138.5|173.0|03.1 Workout Details #-|SDist|-Split-|-SPace-|-Pwr-|SPM-|AvgHR|MaxHR|DPS- 01|01613|07:00.0|02:10.2|213.4|24.9|158.8|167.0|09.2 -5kp 02|01169|05:30.0|02:21.1|176.8|19.9|158.4|166.0|10.7 -mp->turn 03|01363|06:49.8|02:30.4|167.3|19.6|157.3|162.0|10.2 -mp 04|01057|04:60.0|02:22.0|215.4|24.3|160.4|168.0|08.7 -5kp->turn 05|00349|01:31.8|02:11.6|199.3|23.9|165.1|168.0|09.5 -5kp 06|02353|11:16.2|02:23.7|165.6|19.6|162.3|168.0|10.6 -mp->turn 07|00192|00:54.0|02:20.4|181.1|21.3|161.8|164.0|10.0 -mp 08|01461|07:00.0|02:23.8|200.5|24.2|165.7|173.0|08.6 -5kp 09|02475|12:42.0|02:34.0|166.6|20.7|167.9|173.0|09.4 -mp
This was my first row with a new pair of oars. I bought a pair of smoothie2, vortex edge skinnies so that I could leave my fat2s down at the cape with my open water boat.
Here are a few metrics plots from this workout.
- Drive length and effective length consistent and a bit longer than prior workouts
- Lots of variation in WPS and power. Does that mean I need to work on consistency?
- Power and WPS for the r24 (5kp) chunk of the row. (plotted by excluding all strokes lower than r22 and all strokes with WPS below 450)
- Power and WPS for the r20 part of the row. (plotted by excluding all strokes higher than r22, and rest strokes, and all strokes with WPS below 450)
I was very pleased with the workout, and the new oars. More about that later.
Today I am taking a rest day. Tomorrow, I am planning a long open water row, weather permitting.