Still struggling. All I could do to hold flat splits at 1:49.
This was a first outing on the erg at with with a newly upgraded PM5!
The upgrade was a bit of struggle because the monitor was setup for model D/E, and I needed to a bit of googling to find the way to change it to Model C. By the way, if you ever want to do that, here is the help page.
After I got that sorted out, it hooked up to my Wahoo Tickr HR belt with no drama. And hooked up to my iphone via bluetooth seamlessly. On the iphone, I tried it with the concept2 application ergdata. I worked without any trouble. After that, I started up my beta copy of the Painsled app.
The app hooked up automatically and showed a live dashboard. The way the app works is you basically pretend that the phone is there at all and set up your workouts on the PM5. When you finish a workout, the app is supposed to write your workout log file when you press the menu button. This crashed the app. But the coolest thing happened. Overnight between wednesday and thursday the developer pushed a new version which fixed the bug. What a delightful experience.
So, it worked great on Thursday morning. I captured the whole workout in a big messy csv file. Now I am trying to figure out how to massage that into my graphical tools. A project for this weekend perhaps.
Here’s a primitive HR plot from the file.
Today I took a rest day. Going to go for a hard 5K tomorrow.