Today was the first time I have erged without slides since trying to implement the changes to my stroke. It wasn’t a stellar session, but I thought it would be instructive to see how things compare between static and slides.
I did a rate ladder with 1 minute at r18, 1 minute at r20 and 1 minute at r22.
My feet were not strapped in and the erg is equipped with a core-perform seat which I had set to wobble to force myself to maintain upper body balance.
Looking at the film, I can see that I am struggling with the new stroke. I am trying to maintain a good upright posture, but tend to slump at the finish. I am also not completing the body swing before I break my knees. The stroke looks better at r22, but the sequencing is still wrong.
I may have to resort to some pause at body over drills to try to get the new positioning right.