My training objectives for the OTW season are simple. Do better than I did this year. I measure this in terms of my percentage behind the winner in my class in events. Since conditions are always varying, it is tough to set specific time based goals. But here they are:
1K Sprints (50-59 age group):
- last year…1.7% behind winner on raw time, 7.6% behind on handicap.
- this year…. I want to win on raw time and be only 5% behind on handicap (2.0 second faster pace per 500)
2K sprints (open class)
- last year…9.5% behind winner
- this year…7% behind winner (2.6 sec faster pace per 500)
- last year…7.7% behind winner on raw time, 12.8% behind on handicap
- this year…6% behind winner on raw time, 10% behind on handicap (6 seconds faster pace per 500).
This one is a bit of a stretch goal